Air Showers are self contained chambers installed at entrances to cleanrooms and other controlled environments. They minimize particulate matter entering or exiting the clean space. Personnel and materials entering or exiting the controlled environment are “scrubbed” by high velocity HEPA-filtered air jets with velocities of 20-22m/s (4000-4300fpm). Contaminated air is then drawn through the base within the unit, filtered and recirculated.Cleanroom Panel
Kwang is a leader in air showers for demanding applications in the micro-electronics, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, spraypainting, lab animal research and food markets. The present Kwang Air Shower is a third-generation product and features a field-programmable microprocessor control that offers the maximum application flexibility of any unit on the market.Dynamic Pass Box
Air Shower Construction Robust construction qualify the air shower for the most demanding applications. The air shower is fully assembled and ready to install and operate when shipped.Handmade Aluminum Honeycomb Sandwich Panel
• Kwang Air Showers use German made ebm-papst® permanently lubricated, centrifugal motor/blowers with external rotor designs. Selected for energy efficiency, compact design, and flat profile, the completely integrated blower assembly optimizes motor cooling, with unified rotating parts and overall component balance for smooth, quiet, vibration-free operation. Weight is equally distributed to all bearings to extend bearing life.Handmade Rockwool Sandwich Panel
• An array of stainless steel nozzles direct high-velocity jets within the chamber.
• HEPA filter(s) provide 99.99% typical efficiency for particle sizes of 0.1 to 0.3 microns. Kwang Air Shower filters meet the IEST-RP-CC001.3 recommended practice for HEPA performance (USA), and EN 1822 for H13 performance (EU).
• A disposable pre-filter with 85% arrestance extends the life of the main filter.
• The air shower is constructed of electrogalvanised steel sheets with an abrasionresistant oven-baked powder coated finish.
• All painted surfaces are coated with Kwang Isocide antimicrobial coating to protect against surface contamination and inhibit bacterial growth. Isocide eliminates 99.9% of surface bacteria within 24 hours of exposure.
• The integral chamber floor is constructed of reinforced stainless steel.
• Industrial-grade electromagnetic locks are reliable and have no moving parts to fail.
• Heavy-duty, durable aluminium framed door assemblies are constructed with glass windows permitting visibility.
• Diffusers ensure even and uniform lighting throughout the chamber.
• Resettable circuit breaker for both the blower circuit and electronics boards for increased electrical safety.
• All electrical components are UL listed / recognised.